First Trust Bank is committed to positive environmental practice as an integral part of its corporate responsibilities.
First Trust Bank impacts on the environment directly through the consumption of energy and other resources used in our daily operations and indirectly through the provision of finance for other businesses which may have an impact on the environment. First Trust Bank is committed to the protection of the environment and to minimising the impact of its operations through a programme of continuous improvement. In particular First Trust Bank will:-
- Meet or exceed all relevant environmental obligations under laws and regulations;
- Accept responsibility for contributing to the protection of the environment and strive to ensure that our actions will not detract from the long-term sustainability of environmental resources;
- Assess and improve the impact of our actions on the environment in our daily operations and strategic planning;
- Design energy efficiency into new services, buildings and manage energy efficiency across all operations;
- Strive to reduce the consumption of materials and energy and use renewable or recyclable materials where possible;
- Minimise harmful emissions;
- Apply environmental criteria in assessing credit risk;
- Promote advantageous environmental practices by all staff;
- Consult with our suppliers to improve the environmental impact of goods and services provided to the Bank through a quality procurement policy.
Find out more about First Trust Bank Environmental Objectives and Environmental Management in our Related Information section.
Back to top